Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Swan Flight

The Swan Flight

Some days with the girls are problems all day. "Problems" was AutoCorrect for "how I am" Which was in turn AutoCorrect for "Helen's" Which was always supposed to be "poems." Weird how that all works. Poems all day and I rarely have time to stop and get any words down in the cloud. So I'm dictating a sonnet of sorts to tell tale of a spontaneous dance to John Philip Sousa's "The hands of the sea" that has suddenly erupted around me. I put the music on because I thought it would be an appropriate background track to what happened on Mulberry Street, The Dr. Suess loaner I got from the Queens Library today and was getting ready to read to the girls before bed. Suess and Sousa together at last. But I guess old Suess has been waylaid. Both girls are swimming on the hardwood sea, doing the dance of the mermaids on the march. And now Lucia's doing the Tinkerbell. Now Sofia is free-forming to the actual music, jumping up and down, doing windmills and kicks, very expressive, very Mulberry Street. Suess snuck back into the mix! The song is over and I ask Sofia what she calls this dance. She says "the swamp life." That was AutoCorrect again, it should have been "the salon fight" Nope, "the swan flight" Weird how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment